It has been reported that two beautiful female students of the University of Lagos, named Roli Odgwu and Linda Elegeonye have lost their lives in a midnight fire at a Lagos hotel.
It was gathered that Roli Odogwu, a 200-Level Mass Communication student and Linda Elegeonye, a 300-Level Law student both died of first degree burns, days after they were trapped in the hotel room twhere they were guests.
It was further gathered that the victims who were fast asleep when the fire started from a faulty air conditioner were trapped for several minutes before they were rescued from the room after already sustaining first-degree burns before they were rushed to Gbagada General Hospital.
It was reported that Roli who died at about 4 am last Saturday was buried at Atan Cemetery in Yaba, while Linda, who had been in coma for six days died on Sunday. A friend who spoke on condition of anonymity said she was informed about the incident by a policeman who picked up the late Roli’s call on Tuesday.
“The policeman told me that the owner of the phone (Roli) and her friend were involved in a fire accident and they were unconscious. I was told they had been moved to Trauma and Burns Unit of the Gbagada General Hospital. I informed other friends and we went to the hospital. When we got there, we were not allowed to see them immediately. Three hours after, we were allowed in with their parents and other family members. Roli was conscious and responding to treatment, but Linda was still in a coma. The burns were severe and we hoped both could make it. We are deeply hurt by their death.” She said.
FIND MOST RECENT UPDATE HERE