Generator fume has reportedly killed a man, his wife and four children in Rivers State, throwing the Rumuosi community into mourning on Monday, after their decomposing bodies were discovered in their apartment.
According to Daily Sun, neigbhours disclosed that the victims were last seen on the night of Friday, June 30, 2017, but they became curious after foul odour kept emanating from the victims’ apartment and became unbearable.
A report was lodged at Choba Police Station and some policemen were dispatched to force open the door of the aprtment, only to find the family of six dead, lying on the floor of the sitting room, with the television set on.
The landlord of the house, simply identified as Darlington, said he saw members of the family on Friday night, when their generator was still on, adding that he never suspected anything when he didn’t see them the following day.
“I was in my place of work yesterday when my younger brother called me on phone and said something tragic had happened in my house. The house was sealed, when the police were invited. Policemen came and forced the apartment’s door open, where the decomposing bodies were found,” he said.
Spokesperson for the Rivers State Police Command, Mr. Nnamdi Omoni, has confirmed the incident.